Looking for a ghostwriter on personal finance and business topics?
I specialize in writing in-depth content about financial topics. My core areas of expertise are retirement, investing, insurance, estate planning, and financial planning, but I can handle other subjects, as well. Over the years, millions of readers have used my content to make important financial decisions based on my work at TheBalance.com.
I’m a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) practitioner, which helps you in two ways:
- Professional expertise: I’m committed to getting the technical details correct, and I’m not just picking this up as a hobby.
- More than book knowledge: Over the past 15 years, I’ve had real-life conversations with people about these topics — possibly people just like your readers.
- Compliance-friendly: I can save everybody’s time by writing in a way that avoids promises, reckless statements, and other compliance issues.
How it Works
Not everybody has the time or energy to sit down and write. Maybe you don’t enjoy writing, or you’d rather spend your time on more profitable activities. But you know that quality content is an excellent way to reach potential clients and gain their trust. That’s where I come in. My goal is to create content as if you wrote it yourself. This is truly your content (based on your worldview, your tone of voice, and your goals), but you don’t have to write it.
- We begin by discussing your project: What do you want to accomplish? Who is your target audience? What would make our relationship a success?
- If we decide to move forward, we review your needs: What message you want to send, how you want it delivered, and any nuances that are important to you and your readers.
- If necessary, you can provide additional materials to guide my writing. Alternatively, we can conduct recorded phone calls (with your permission), where you explain exactly what needs to appear in the final work.
- I write a draft, and check in with you early in the process to ensure that we’re moving in the right direction.
- You can provide feedback or request edits until your needs are satisfied.
- I deliver the final product.
You own the output. After successful payment, you have the copyright, and you can do anything you want with your content. I cannot republish the work elsewhere or sell it to anybody else.
You work with me through an outside business dedicated to writing — not Approach Financial, Inc. — which is separate from my financial advisory firm.
All inquiries are confidential. I don’t want any publicity or credit for the work, and I don’t tell anybody about your inquiry.
If you’re a financial advisor and you’re curious about logistics: I write for a handful of clients through a separate entity, which is disclosed as an Outside Business Activity.
Why Would You Hire Me?
It’s natural to wonder if I’m any good at what I do. Your project is important, and it would be a shame to waste money! There are certainly better writers than me out there, but I’d highlight the following fact:
- You searched for something online and arrived at this page. Do you want your prospective clients to do something similar?
If your goal is to reach people looking for a solution, I think I can help. That’s what I’ve been doing for years, and I keep up with evolving trends. I also ghostwrite in other formats, including printed materials and e-books. Granted, you still need to convert those readers into revenue, which you can do with a variety of methods, but none of that happens until you have content.
My strength is in-depth, down-to-earth content with an SEO focus. Others can offer a snazzy voice, and there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s not where I excel. I’ve worked for financial services companies, investment and mortgage professionals, financial media sites, traditional publishers, and more.
Writing samples: I can’t provide samples from ghostwriting clients, but you can see some of my work on public sites:
- Should You Buy Mortgage Life Insurance? Probably Not (TheBalance.com)
- Retirement Plan Options for Self-Employed Individuals (ApproachFP.com)
- How Much You Can Save Making Extra Mortgage Payments? (TheBalance.com)
How Much Does This Cost and How Do We Start?
Currently, I charge a minimum of $750 per article, up to 1,000 words, with a portion of the fee due before I begin work. There are no discounts available for ongoing work or large projects.
For longer articles and blog posts, I charge roughly $0.90 per word, although I prefer to target a per-article rate so we don’t have to quibble over the wordcount.
For short email updates, plan for a minimum of $1 per word. I can curate articles relevant to your clients, comment on markets, or create other “touches” that keep you top of mind.
If the pricing sounds reasonable to you, please start the conversation! I’d love to know:
- What type of content you’re interested in (web articles, blog posts, a book, etc.)
- What questions you have
To contact me: Send an email to PritchWrites@gmail.com. All ghostwriting work goes through a separate entity (not this investment advisory firm).
Thank you for your interest, and I look forward to helping you with your project!